This was the second email in the funnel for My Awesome Facebook Group.
“I walk a lonely road, the only one that I have ever known. Don’t know where it goes, but it’s only me, and I walk alone.”
Green Day could have easily been singing about the journey of entrepreneurship. I don’t know about you, but I’d really like to avoid their “boulevard of broken dreams.” Here’s a scary statistic for you: 30% of new businesses will fail in the first two years, and 50% will fail in the first 5.
While being self-employed means you’re responsible for everything in your business, it doesn’t mean that you have to work entirely on your own. Yes, you still have to do the mind-numbing tasks you dread, and you’ll have days where you feel like you’re never going to make another dime. Other days, you’ll be so busy, you don’t have time to eat or go pee. In either case, having a biz bestie, mastermind group, tribe, or community supporting you can make it all a little easier
When you decide to join My Awesome Facebook Group, you’ll be surrounded by dozens of biz besties. These amazing women all have 9 things in common.
The women of My Awesome Facebook Group are:
- Committed (we show up to help, support, and encourage each other every week);
- Present (we check in regularly);
- Collaborative (we listen and read without interrupting, lecturing, or judging);
- Encouraging (we celebrate each other’s successes without jealousy);
- Honest (we participate by giving thoughtful feedback);
- Open (we listen to different perspectives without being defensive or offering excuses);
- Vulnerable (we trust fellow members enough to share fully);
- Fun (focus is important, but we also think it’s important to enjoy our businesses and each other);
- Authentic (this is a no-BS zone)
If that sounds like an amazing group of women that you’d like to hang with, come on over and join us in My Awesome Facebook Group.
It’s okay to be unsure. It’s okay to be hesitant. It’s okay to be reluctant. It’s okay to be on the fence – just don’t sit there too long, because ouch!
It seems rude to keep throwing water balloons of information at you while you’re up on that fence. So I’m not going to do that. I actually wrote a blog post in July about finding the right business community that might be helpful for you. (redacted for privacy).
I’m always happy to answer any lingering questions you may have, and do whatever I can to help you decide if My Awesome Facebook Group is the best group for you. It’s okay if it’s not, because I know one size really doesn’t fit all. I want you to find the group that will help you the most. And if that happens to be My Awesome Facebook Group, we’re waiting with open arms.
Your biggest fan,